What is a Genuine OEM Toner Cartridge?
Whether you are shopping here at SuperMediaStore.com or one of the many online retailers for toner cartridges, some of the terms you may have come across quite frequently may include "genuine toner cartridges", "original toner cartridges", or "OEM toner cartridges". What does this mean exactly? All three terms if fact refer to the same thing:
"Genuine, original, and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) toner cartridges refer to toner cartridges that are manufactured by the same company that makes your printer. An OEM Canon toner cartridge, for example, is manufactured by Canon and not a 3rd party."
What are the benefits of going with Genuine OEM Toner Cartridges?
There is no denying that genuine OEM toner cartridges are generally more expensive than their compatible and remanufactured counterparts (up to 70% in some cases). Even so, there are reasons for buying a more expensive genuine OEM toner cartridge:
- Peace of mind for obtaining the best quality prints.
- Peace of mind for 100% compatibility with a specific printer model.
- Peace of mind for obtaining the highest yields.
- Peace of mind for reliability and minimizing downtime.
- A compatbile or remanufactured version of a toner cartridge is not available.
While a quality compatible or remanufactured toner cartridge can provide similar performance compared to the original version; the premium price can be justified when peace of mind for quality, compatibility, and performance is of the utmost importance.
How many pages can I print with my genuine OEM toner cartridge?
The number of pages you can print entirely depends on the original toner cartridge itself, as some cartridges state a higher yield than others. Current printing industry standards provide a yield (estimated number of printed pages) based on a 5% page coverage (5% of a page is printed on). For example: a 2,500 yield original toner cartridge will provide ~2,500 printed pages at 5% coverage per page.
Your OEM toner prices are still too expensive. What are some other ways I can save money?
Follow any of the tips below to save additional money on already low everyday prices at SuperMediaStore.com:
- Buy more than one: Many of our toner cartridges offer a quantity discount when you purchase more.
- Buy toner cartridge sets: For color laser printers that require multiple toner cartridges (such as Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow for the Brother HL-4040CDN), consider buying toner cartridge sets as they are generally cheaper compared to buying each cartridge separately.
- Consider purchasing a remanufactured or compatible toner cartridge: Going with a remanufactured or compatible version of a toner cartridge can yield great savings over an OEM version. Evaluate your needs and make a choice accordingly (don't forget the benefits mentioned above).
- Sign up for our email promotions: Receive email alerts delivered right to your inbox with our latest and greatest offers on genuine OEM toner cartridges.
- Print in draft mode: For documents where print quality is not a concern (e.g. online receipts, directions, etc.), consider printing in draft mode (usually under printer settings under "Preferences") to save ink that ultimately saves you money.
Still Have Questions?
Feel free to contact a customer service representative via Live Chat (in the lower right hand corner) or visit our Contact us page.